The Drive Wheelchair Back Cushion with Lumbar Support is an ergonomic back cushion that is designed to support a user’s natural lumbar curve to prevent back pain. The cushion is an ideal aid for patients confined to a wheelchair due to injuries, surgeries, or disabilities.
Sitting in a wheelchair with a standard back for extended periods of time can cause severe back pains due to slouching and bad posture. With a lumbar section to support the user’s natural spinal curve, this cushion helps them maintain good posture throughout. The Drive Wheelchair Back Cushion is sewed with a strong Masonite board that ensures the cushion’s stability in sling back wheelchairs. It also eliminates the possibility of the cushion warping due to extended use. The back cushion is equipped with two straps that are connected over the backrest of the wheelchair to keep the cushion firmly in place and eliminate the need to adjust it frequently.
The back of the Wheelchair Back Cushion with Lumbar Support is made of non-slip vinyl to ensure that it doesn’t slip or slide while the user is moving. The cushion features two layers of foam. The base of the cushion is made of standard foam while the lumbar section is made of high-quality memory foam to accommodate and help maintain the user’s natural lumbar curve. The foam core is protected from sweat and water by a sealed liner which in turn increases its durability.
Product Features and Benefits
- Non-slip vinyl back keeps cushion from sliding off
- Cushion has two foam layers for maximum comfort and efficiency
- Cushion supports user’s natural lumbar curve to promote good posture
- Standard foam cushion base and high quality memory foam lumbar section
- Masonite board stabilizes cushion on sling-back chairs and prevents warping
- Manufacturer: Drive Medical
- Front Layer Material: Polyurethane
- Back Layer Material: Non-slip PVC
- Cushion Width: 18 Inches (14889), 16 Inches (14906), 20 Inches (14920)
- Model: 14889, 14906, 14920
Product Information and Documents