The Med Aire Bariatric Low Air Loss Mattress Replacement System 14030 by Drive Medical is a pressure reducing system to protect the patient's skin and prevent ulcers for those who are bedridden or receiving long-term care. The system will support bariatric patients up to 600 pounds using 20 alternating air cells to redistribute the patient's weight. The mattress measures 42 x W x 80 L x 10 H inches to fit on a bariatric hospital bed and is an ideal solution for patient care at home or in a long term care facility or hospital.
The air cell bladders are 10-inch deep and are designed to never bottom out. An audible alert will sound if the air bladders fall below 10 mmHg. An added benefit to the design is you can also purchase a replacement pump and air bladders from Active Forever to be prepared if an air cell is punctured without having to replace the entire system.
The digital pump produces 15 liters per minute of air flow and runs quiet to not disturb the patient. There are two modes, alternating and static pressure with pressure ranges of 30 to 60 mmHg. For added safety when operating in static mode for more than two hours, the system will shift back to alternating pressure. The three air cells at the top of the mattress stay in static mode for better sleep. The controller allows for custom settings depending on what's comfortable to the patient with cycles every 10, 20, 25 or 30 minutes.
The 104030 nylon mattress cover is fluid-resistant and zippered to be machine washable. It is recommended to cover the mattress with a cotton sheet to further protect the patient's skin. You may be interested in cooling sheets that uses technology to add comfort to keep body temperature down.
Product Features and Benefits:
- Variable firmness
- Customized alternating cycle times
- Ideal for patient care at home or in a hospital use
- Supports higher weight capacity
- Individual air bladder replacement
- Audible and visual alarms if pressure is dangerously low
- Air cells won't bottom out
- Removable zippered cover to machine wash
- Air cell design won't bottom out
- Manufacturer: Drive Medical
- Product Number: 14030
- Replacement Product Numbers: 14030CELL (Air Bladder), 14030P (Pump)
- Max Weight Capacity: 600 lbs.
- Product Weight: 10 lbs.
- Product Dimensions: 42 W x 80 L x 10 H inches
- Cover Material: Nylon TPU
- Air Cell Diameter: 10 inch
- Control Unit Airflow: 12 LPM
- Cycle Times: 10, 20, 25, 30 minutes
- Fuse Rating: 250V, 1A
- Input Rating: AC 120V 60 Hz; 12W, 1A
- Pressure Range: 20 - 60 mmHg
- No. of Air Bladders: 20
- Warranty: 18 Months
- HCPCS Code: E0277
- Application: Alternating air pressure system to redistribute pressure and prevent ulcers
Manuals and Documents