The Universal Forward Stabilizers are a pair of safety accessories for manually driven wheelchairs that are designed to ensure patients safety by preventing wheelchairs from tipping forward. Driving through uneven surfaces can be highly risky for patients on wheelchairs. Rough terrain could make wheelchairs lose stability and cause serious health injuries. These stabilizers ensure safe maneuvering of patients by providing them with stable support, especially to new wheelchair users. These forward stabilizers fit a number of wheelchairs that include models from exclusive range of brands. These are Sentra EC and Sentra HD with twenty-inch seat widths, Sentra Reclining, Cruiser III, Cirrus IV, Viper, Viper Plus GT, Viper Plus Reclining wheelchairs.
These Drive Stabilizers are chrome in color that let them easily blend with most wheelchair designs. They have a universal frame spacer provided at one end that can be added or removed depending upon the level of safety needed. This end is installed on wheelchairs by mounting on lower left and right side of the frame near front casters. The other end of the stabilizers has a hinged triangle that swivels itself as wheelchair move while toppling forward. In case the triangle end is too forward that it starts restricting the wheelchair motion from moving forward, users can also shift the hinged triangle one step back to the provided hole.
Product Features and Benefits
- Features removable spacing sleeve for extra strong attachment with frame
- Comes in pair for both left and right side protection
- Prevents wheelchairs from tipping forward
- Rigid construction ensures high durability
- Hinged triangle creates swivel movements
- Manufacturer: Drive Medical
- Color: Chrome
- Compatible Wheelchairs: Sentra EC of 20 Inch Seat Width, Sentra HD of 20 Inch Seat Width, Sentra Reclining, Cruiser III, Cirrus IV, Viper, Viper Plus GT, Viper Plus Reclining Wheelchairs
- Model: STDS860