The Teleflex Medical Humid-Vent is the original heat and moisture exchanger device. The exchanger is disposable and designed to be attached in-line with the air supply tube for maximum efficiency. The exchanger is ideal for patients on artificial ventilation for respiratory care or for a continuous supply of anesthesia.
The Teleflex 11112 Humid Vent helps maintain the natural humidity of the patient’s breath. It traps the heat and moisture from the patient’s breath during expiration. The heat and moisture are provided back to the patient while they breathe in. By maintaining the humidity of the patient’s breath, the exchanger also helps maintain the liquidity of mucus thereby preventing encrustations and blockages in the tracheal cavity and increasing tracheostomy care. The humid vent is recommended to be used for patients with tidal volumes ranging from fifty milliliters to six hundred milliliters. The ideal tidal volume range of the humid vent makes it a great choice for adults and children. The vent is designed to offer the least resistance to the flow of air for maximum efficiency.
The Teleflex Medical HME is non-sterile and individually packed. It is available as individual pieces or in cases with fifty units to accommodate different needs. To ensure maximum efficiency, it is recommended to dispose of the humid vents and replace them regularly after twenty-four hours.
Product Features and Benefits
- Provides low flow resistance
- Comes without connection port
- Non sterile, packaged individually
- For respiratory and anesthesthetic care
- Protects patients from cross contamination
- Suitable for tidal volumes between fifty and six hundred milliliters
- Manufacturer: Teleflex Medical
- Application: Heat And Moisture Exchanger
- Moisture Output: 30.5, Vt = 0.2 Liters
- Dead Space: 10 milliliters
- Model: 11112