The Drive Medical Pollywog Wheelchair is an ergonomic chair that is a unique combination of a self-propelled standard wheelchair as well as a transport chair. The wheelchair is equipped with four eight in wheels with two in the front and two in the rear that facilitates easy maneuverability over all kinds of surfaces. The chair also has two large rear wheels that can be used by users to propel themselves forward as they would in a standard wheelchair. The chair has a quick release feature to easily remove the large rear wheels and turn it into a transport chair whenever required.
The Pollywog Wheelchair Transport Chair has a lightweight aluminum frame that makes it incredibly easy to carry around. However, the frame is incredibly strong and durable and can be used for years without any issues. A back release folds down the backrest making the wheelchair compact easy to store and transport. For added convenience, the wheelchair features swing away footrests that can make patient transfers a lot more convenient. For durability, the footplates of the footrests are composite and hence strong and crack-proof. The heel loops ensure comfortable positioning of the feet.
The wheelchair is equipped with two sets of brakes with one set for the transport chair and the other for the wheelchair. The nylon upholstery of the Drive Medical Pollywog Chair makes it easy to clean and maintain for extended use. The chair has a weight capacity of two hundred and fifty pounds or one hundred and fifteen kilograms.
Product Features and Benefits:
- Includes eight inch casters
- Anti tipper and swing away footrests
- Nylon upholstery with aluminum frame
- Back folds for easy of transport or storage
- Use as self propelled wheelchair or transport chair
- Quick release twenty four inch wheels can be removed
- Dual wheel locks for both transport chair or wheelchair use
- Manufacturer: Drive Medical
- Back Height and Seat Depth: 16 Inch
- Weight Capacity (All Models): 250 lbs
- Seat to Floor Height: 19.5 Inch
- Product Number: TR16, TR18, TR20
Overall Width with 24 Inch Wheels:
- TR16: 22.375 Inch (open) | 24.5 Inch (open with mag wheels) |12 Inch (closed)
- TR18: 23.625 Inch (open) | 26.5 Inch (open with mag wheels) |12 Inch (closed)
- TR20: 26.25 Inch (open) | 29 Inch (open with mag wheels) |12 Inch (closed)