The Drive Medical STDS801 Transport Chair Brake Extension is an additional accessory to replace brakes with length levers in wheelchairs. The hand extension is ideally designed to be used for users with short arms or height so they could easily access the brake levers when needed and stay safe. These extensions are compatible to be used with almost all kind of wheelchairs by Drive Medical or other manufacturers, that include Cirrus IV, Cougar, Blue Streak, Sentra EC Heavy Duty, Sentra Extra HD, Bariatric Sentra EC, Extra-Extra Wide Wheelchairs. However, wheelchair with Viper Plus GT Model is not suitable for this product.
The Drive Medical Transport Chair Brake Extension is made of steel and has chrome color. The handle extension is portable, hence is easy to store for users going out with wheelchairs in picnic, trips etc. Being just eight inches in length, the handle extension acts as a perfect replacement part of existing brake levers for users with shorter arms or limited hand dexterity. The brake extension has a very simple construction that makes it extremely easy to install or replace anytime. This also ensures users of not making any permanent alterations to existing wheelchair designs. Moreover, it also prevents users from buying a completely new wheelchair in order to find the alternative for short brake levers.
Product Features and Benefits
- Designed to extend the length of existing brakes for convenient use
- Easily installed by simply removing the original and put this in place
- Portable, thus can be easily carried on long or short travels
- Perfect for users with short arms or limited hand dexterity
- Rigid construction and is chrome in color
- Manufacturer: Drive Medical
- Color: Chrome
- Product Length: 8 inch
- Compatible Wheelchairs: Cirrus IV, Cougar, Blue Streak, Sentra EC Heavy Duty, Sentra Extra HD, Bariatric Sentra EC, Extra-Extra Wide Wheelchairs
- Model: STDS801