The Med Aire Low Air Loss Mattress Replacement System with Alternating Pressure is a unique and efficient mattress system that is designed to treat, manage, and prevent pressure ulcers. The mattress is constructed with twenty air bladders constructed with a forty percent and sixty percent blend of nylon and PVC respectively. Each air bladder is eight inches high, durable, and individually replaceable if required. Nine of the bladders have laser holes to support low air loss and breathability to keep the patient cool thereby enhancing comfort and speed of recovery.
The Med Aire Low Air Loss Alternating Pressure Mattress is equipped with CPR valves that provide a complete deflation in twenty seconds. The air cells provide alternating pressure that is really effective in assisting in the healing of pressure ulcers as well as reducing the risk of future pressure ulcers. The mattress also comes with a cover that has a zipper for easy removal. The fabric is water-resistant, soft, and safe to be washed in a machine.
The air pressure in the cells is controlled by a Whisper Quiet Pump that provides consistent air flow. The mattress is connected to the pump with spring lined air tubes that are resistant to kinking and hence don’t disrupt the airflow. The mattress has a special feature that isolates the vibrations to eliminate discomfort due to the pump’s vibrations, making it an effective sleep aid. The performance of the mattress is indicated through LEDs. The LEDs and an audible alarm also alert caregivers when the mattress pressure falls under 10 mmHg.
Product Features and Benefits
- Whisper Quiet pump is noise free and isolates vibrations
- Control unit can be set to alternating or static pressure mode
- Mattress can be deflated in twenty seconds using CPR valve
- Air bladders are eight inches deep and individually replaceable
- Ideal for prevention, treatment and management of pressure ulcers
- LED and audible alarm indicates when pressure is below ten mmHg
- Total twenty air bladders with nine having laser holes for low air loss
- Mattress and pump connecting tubes are spring lined for kink resistance
- Manufacturer: Drive Medical
- Control Unit Cycle Time: 10 Minutes
- Control Unit Airflow: 8 Liters Per Minute
- Weight Capacity: 350 lbs. (158 kilograms)
- Mattress Cover Material: Fluid Resistant Nylon
- Alarm System: LED and Audible Alarm on Control Unit
- Air Bladder Material: 40 Percent Nylon / 60 Percent PVC Blend
- Model: 14027
Product Information and Documents