The Drive Medical 14888 Gel Foam Wheelchair Cushion is a comfortable cushion that is placed on the base of a wheelchair. The cushion is ideal for people at risk of skin breakdown. The cushion is designed to reduce the pressure on the patient’s skin. The Gel Foam Wheelchair Cushion is constructed with a gel bladder at the center of the cushion that relieves the pressure exerted by the chair on the user’s skin. The bladder is encased by a high-density foam that is moldable. The foam molds to comfortably accommodate and support the user’s natural contours.
The high-density foam is covered by a zippered cover. The cover has a urethane coated nylon top that is water resistant and permeable to vapor that makes it breathable. The breathability ensures maximum patient comfort by preventing the build of heat and moisture. The bottom of the cover is made of vinyl which is also waterproof and incredibly durable. The zippered cover can be easily removed for cleaning in order to maintain the hygiene of the wheelchair cushion. The cover can also be replaced if required.
The Drive Gel Foam Wheelchair Cushion has a tough construction and is strong enough to support a weight of up to two hundred and fifty pounds or one hundred and thirteen kilograms.
Product Features and Benefits
- Gel bladder is placed in high density moldable foam shell
- Cushion cover is breathable, water resistant, and durable
- Viscous gel bladder reduces pressure exerted on posterior
- Zippered cushion cover is removable, replaceable, and washable
- Aids in treatment, prevention, and management of pressure ulcers
- Gel foam cushion is ideal for patients at low risk of skin breakdown
- Manufacturer: Drive Medical
- Weight Capacity: 250 lbs. (113 kilograms)
- Cover Bottom Layer Material: Waterproof Vinyl
- Cover Top layer Material: Fluid Resistant Nylon
- Cushion Dimensions: 18 Inch (Width) x 16 Inch (Length) x 2 Inch (Height)
- Model: 14888
Product Information and Documents